Tea tree is a very popular essential oil used for its anti-septic and bactericide properties. Its most common use is as an anti-bacterial in acne and skin care preparation and is also widely used to treat colds, virus and bacterial infection.
- Originally discovered in 1770 when Captain James Cook arrived in Australia, tea tree was used by the Aborigines who boiled the leaves to make a spicy tea, the aborigines told him of the healing powers of the tea tree plant in using it to treat cuts and wounds. More recently tea tree was used in WWII to treat foot fungus and was only replaced as an anti-microbial treatment when antibiotics came into common use.
Its balsamic, spicy scent soothes respiratory ailments and is gentle enough to use undiluted in small amounts on healthy, adult skin. It is a must-have oil thanks to its immune enhancing properties as an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-microbial.
Our expertise in this particular essential oil ensures we have only the best quality directly from the farm in Australia.
- Anti-bacterial – Prevents and treats Bacterial infection and wounds
- Anti-viral – Helpful in common colds, influenza and other viral infection
- Anti Dandruff - also good for head lice infection
- Fungicide – Athletes foot
- Insecticide – Kills Insects and Lice
Steam inhalation, massage, first aid, footbath, diffuser