Myrrh Essential Oil is a powerful skin healer so is one of the most important essential oils for use in skin care. It has a wonderful sweet, fresh scent and is also used to relieve stress and uplift the mind.
Myrrh is a chemically complex essential oil. It is created by distilling the oleoresin taken from the bark of the tree and has a smoky, slightly musky aroma. The Ancient Egyptians used it to worship the sun and in the mummification process. This is due to the preservative and therefore prevention of tissue degradation qualities of this oil. With a long history in anti-ageing and healing this oil is a must have in blends for damaged or maturing skin. It is also antiseptic and anti-inflammatory which can help with skin and urinary infections. As an expectorant (clears the airways) Myrrh is often used in blends for respiratory problems.
- Up Lifting and reviving – Creating a feeling of freshness, joy and energy
- Myrrh helps lift feelings of weakness and apathy
- Antiseptic, cicatrisant (skin healing) and anti-inflammatory properties help with skin issues including acne and eczema.
- The expectorant (clears the airways) properties can ease the symptoms of congestion and bronchitis.
- The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties can help with urinary infections.
Massage oils. Bathing. Diffuser. Compress
Respiratory – Frankincense, Thyme, Sandalwood, Benzoin
Skin – Lavender, Patchouli, Helichyrsum, Geranium
Urinary – Lavender, Juniperberry, Bergamot, Sandalwood