This fresh and stimulating oil is a powerful anti-septic for the body and calms mental fatigue in the mind.
This species of pine is the most commonly used in aromatherapy. The oil is produced from the needles of the pine by steam distillation and the best oil comes from North America and Eastern Europe. Pine oil has many uses for the body and mind but in particular is useful as an anti-septic. The oil is dominated by certain monoterpenes which are believed to be mucus thinning and therefore good for respiratory problems. The same constituents are said to be rubefacient (warming to the skin) and analgesic which makes this oil excellent in muscle rubs and joint pain.
- Relieves mental fatigue and fragility. It can be used to convalesce .
- Refreshes the mind and is useful in managing stress.
- A powerful antiseptic for skin.
- It clears the chest so is good for respiratory conditions.
- As pine oil is so stimulating it is good for muscle and joint pain.
Massage oils. Bathing. Diffuser.
Respiratory applications – Cypress, Cedarwood, Rosemary, Sweet Marjoram, Eucalyptus, Lemon
Muscle or joint pain – Juniperberry, Rosemary, Black Pepper, Sweet Marjoram, Lavender
The Mind – Basil, Rosemary, Lemon, Grapefruit, Lavender, Black Pepper