Fennel essential oil is stimulating and balancing and can be very beneficial for cellulite. It also has good cleansing and toning properties.
Fennel oil has a characteristic sweet, earthy aroma, much like aniseed. Although its most popular use is that of a digestive agent, Fennel also possesses antiseptic, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also a potent antispasmodic and analgesic, which makes it particularly helpful in treating women-related problems. Fennel’s aperitif and diuretic properties, on the other hand, have made it immensely popular among weight-watchers and dieters.
A Word of Caution: Do not use Fennel essential oil during pregnancy. An organic component called trans-anethole, present in fennel essential oil, boosts the production of the oestrogen hormone. This may be harmful for pregnant women. People suffering from epilepsy or with a history of that condition should avoid using fennel essential oil.
- Encourages self-expression and confidence
- Boosts self esteem
- Calminative and digestive -great for reducing intestinal gas.
- Anti-sceptic – healing and fights infection
- Detoxifying and tonic -great for cellulite and to support weight loss.
- Anti-spasmodic - good for stomach
- Helps with periods and period pain
- Good for the spleen
Massage oils. Diffuser.
Fennel oil blends well with Sandalwood, Geranium, Lavender and Rose oils.