Our English Peppermint Oil is sweet and full due to its cooling menthol content. We believe in sourcing locally where possible and supporting our local producers who only distill small amounts of oil but the quality is exceptional.
Peppermint oil has a long history of medicinal uses. Probably the most well-known is that of peppermint oil as a digestive aid. The powerful organic compounds in this essential oil have a soothing effect on the muscles of the digestive tract, calming muscle spasms, and helping nausea, indigestion, bloating, and flatulence.
Another traditional use of peppermint essential oil is to focus the mind, improve memory, and promote wakefulness without causing the signature nervousness and anxiety associated with other stimulants like caffeine. Historically, peppermint has been used to reduce pain caused by muscle tension and inflammation such as headaches, joint pain and muscle soreness. Modern science now recognises these qualities to be due to the high concentration of menthol (around 40% of the total composition) found in the essential oil.
- Relieves mental exhaustion
- Clears the head and energises
- Indigestion – Carminative, helps relieve excess gas and aids digestion
- Stress – Provides relief from stress, depression and mental fatigue
- Respiratory – helps clear the respiratory tract, nasal congestion, sinusitis, colds and coughs
- Pain relief – Reduce fever, remove pain from affected areas
- Immune system – Increase immunity to various diseases, powerful anti-virus, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial effects
- Skin care – Contains menthol which is good for cooling, nourishes dull skin and improves texture of oily and greasy skin
Steam inhalation, Massage oil (low dilution)